Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My first real update

I waited for a while to start this series because I was trying to finish some commitment stitching. I love it but with the issues I am facing at the moment I couldn't seem to work on them. So I finally broke down and started. I decided to stitch the series as a "Four Seasons" piece. The first piece will be December, January, and February. The second will be March, April and May...you get the picture. ;)

I am stitching this on the recommended alternative fabric 32 ct Smokey Pearl Belfast. The color of the actual linen is darker in person than in the pictures. I am so glad that I went with the darker color. All the colors stand out so much more. February's piece has a few thread changes since out of all my current floss stash I only had one of the three DMC required. I used 3326 for 3354 and 333 for 154. When selecting these I went with colors that were a similar color to those charted. I think they worked out very well. Then I started January's chart. I was able to find all the charted colors. I am in love with the little cardinals on this piece. Since I took the pictures below I have completed all the stems and only have a couple of the blossoms left to stitch.

The baby girl modeling February's Primrose.

Up close of February

Close look at first half of January's Snowdrop (before I moved to the actual snowdrops)
 
 
The whole piece so far.
 

 
I have not decided if I am going to start March on the next piece of fabric. Part two of the "4 Seasons" or if I am going to start on the Journal cover. I am really enjoying these pieces...well except for the multiple change of colors in the words. But I can live with that since these are coming out so nicely.
 
Ta Ta for now,
Angela CG in TX

3 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the four seasons! The fabby color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the four seasons idea, that'll look great when finished! I don't really care for the changing colors on the letters either but it does look really good in the end.

    ReplyDelete