Wednesday, March 13, 2013

January's Snowdrop - A Finish

I could not be more pleased.

Design - "January's Snowdrop"
Designer - Cottage Garden Samplings
Fabric - 32 count French Lace linen
Fibers - GAST, WDW, & DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 6 March 2013
Completed - 12 March 2013

This is the first time I've stitched anything by Cottage Garden Samplings.  I must say my finished piece greatly resembles the photo on the chart - the colors are very true (which is not always the case).  The border bears mention again as it has several different elements and thus never got boring.  I really, really, really like the snowdrops too.  They use WDW 'Icicle'.  A warning:  The color dye lots vary greatly.  My first skein was very blue and I did not like it at all, the next skein I bought had just the slightest blue undertones - success!  

I'm in the process of kitting up "February's Primrose", and I've just received notification that the chart for "March's Daffodil" is on the way.

1 comment: